3 to 6 Months Design and Implementation Internship 2020
We’re looking for a talented Industrial Designer intern to join our research team at the University of Bolzano, computer science department. Our research group is responsible for defining the physical and digital experiences of a new cluster of cloud and edge computers to design and implement new clusters of the raspberry pi.
Figures 1 and 2 representing the previous implementation of this cluster as a required system.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required:
Our Cloud Lab research is looking for undergraduate or graduate students in Industrial Design or Product Design [person with design and implementation skills]who are interested in a 3-6 month internship opportunity.
The internship position involves contributing both as an individual and as part of a team toward project work within Design and implementation. You will be an integral part of our internal researcher team and your responsibilities will include all aspects of the front-end design process, ranging from problem definition, analyzing research, and prototyping ideas to be a real product. In other word candidate should be able to design his/her proposed prototype and then implement it in the university lab, you can find a link here.
Skills you will need:
- English proficiency (written and spoken) required
- Strong understanding of form, function, visual composition, and conceptual integrity.
- The ability to communicate design concepts through hand sketches, mock-ups, required software for design and implementation.
- The ability to quickly build strong relationships within and across organizations.
- You are self-driven but collaborate well within the team.
- You should be able to work with the required hardware and software from design to implementation.
- The ability to take feedback with open-minded and do the same thing to people.
- You are ambitious and focused, but don’t forget to have fun.
More about Research & Development (R&D):
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of cloud and edge devices. R&D is a community of professors, engineers, scientists, researchers, and Ph.D. students, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our research activity.
The Free University of Bozen Overview/Summary:
The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is a university primarily located in Bolzano, Italy. The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (UNIBZ) aims to offer students a multilingual, practice-oriented education that meets the demands of the local and the European labor market. Lectures and seminars are held in German, Italian and English.
How should apply:
If you feel confident and interested in this internship position please send us your CV with a portfolio and motivation letter to this email address: Hamid[dot]barzegar[at]unibz[dot]com here or
you can directly contact with Professor Claus Pahl with this link or
with Professor Nabil el Ioini with this link.